24 January 2018
Call for papers
Community structure in networks
Community structure is one of the most relevant features encountered in numerous real-world applications of networked systems. Despite the tremendous effort of a large interdisciplinary community of scientists working on this subject over the past few years to characterize, model, and analyze communities, more investigations are needed in order to better understand the impact of their structure and dynamics on networked systems. Therefore, the primary goal of this special issue is to showcase the cutting edge research advances on community structures in networks, in order to provide a landscape of research progresses and application potentials in related areas.
Papers, of a broad nature, on various aspects of community structure with strong algorithmic innovations, but also application-oriented works are solicited.
Topics relevant to this special issue include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Models of Communities
- Communities and Controllability
- Evolution of Communities
- Communities and Synchronization
- Dynamic and/of Communities
- Communities and Resilience
- Communities in Multiplex
- Communities and Link prediction
- Temporal Communities
- Visual Representation of Communities
- Community Detection and Mining
- Communities in Economics & Finance networks
- Evaluation Issues in Community Detection
- Communities in Technological Networks
- Parallel Algorithms for Community Detection
- Communities in Biological and Brain Networks
- Communities and Epidemics
- Communities in Social Networks
- Communities and Rumor Spreading
- Communities and Semantic Data
- Communities and Sampling
- Communities and Embedding Models
- Hierarchy and Ego-Networks
- Communities in Mobile and Wireless Networks
Expression of interest submission deadline: October 01, 2018
Acceptance notification deadline: October 08, 2018
Paper submission deadline: November 08, 2018
Target publication: February 28, 2019
• Papers may be submitted in advance of these due dates.
• Papers will be subject to a fast track review procedure that will start as soon as they are submitted.
• Papers are published upon acceptance, regardless of the Special Issue publication date.
Lead guest editor
Gergely Palla, Eötvös University, Hungary, email@example.com
If you have any queries, please email us and we will be happy to address them.
Expression of interest submission
Submit an extended abstract (approx. 1000 words) no later than October 01, 2018. The proposal should include: Topic, Key concepts, Methods, Expected Results and Conclusions. Please ensure that you include your full name and email contact details.
Please send it by e-mail to the Lead guest editor:
Gergely Palla, firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 Journal Metrics
66 days from submission to first decision
127 days from submission to acceptance
29 days from acceptance to publication
312 Altmetric mentions
On the blog
05 October 2017
05 September 2017
Visit the membership page to check if your institution is a member and learn how you could save on article-processing charges (APCs).
Funding your APC
- ISSN: 2364-8228